Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
I’ve never done a meme before (mainly because I have no idea what I’m doing) but I’m trying to post more regularly so here you go.
This week’s topic is top ten books to read from March 20th and June 21st 2012. My list is entirely made up of new releases during the next three months.
So here we go:
1. Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10) – I know I’ve mentioned how excited I am about this book but I’M STILL REALLY EXCITED. I love this series and after the disappointment of Lover Unleashed I have incredibly high hopes for this one. Only a few more days to go!
2. The Selection by Kiera Cass – The description of this book sounds right up my alley. Sort of like The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games? I’ve read a few reviews from people who received ARC copies who weren’t thrilled by it but The Bachelor is my guilty pleasure so I’m excited for this book. And plus, the cover is beautiful!
3. Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers – A seventeen year old escapes an arranged marriage and now works as an assassin. Mix in a little romance and this book is one I can’t wait to read.
4. Purity by Jackson Pearce – Stories about why people decide to pledge purity on current affair shows always interest me and whilst this is a fictional story I have some kind of bizarre curiosity for the topic.
5. Under A Vampire Moon by Lynsay Sands (Argeneau #16) – This series is one of the first paranormal romance series I ever read and because of it I’ve been hooked ever since. The stories aren’t as interesting to me as the earlier ones in the series but they are ideal when I’m looking for something that’s not too heavy, some thing funny and something that’s packed full of romance and sexual tenstion. I love these books. And to top it off Christian Notte has been one of my favourite characters in the series for a long time. I can’t wait for him to get his HEA (Happily Ever After)!
6. Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson – Lately I’ve been reading more Urban Fantasy and this book really intrigues me. Voodoo serial killers, magic and New Orleans? I’m there!
7. Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris (The Southern Vampire Mysteries #12) – I love the Southern Vampire Mysteries series. I’ve loved them since I read the first book all those years ago. And in the time that’s passed I’ve also watch True Blood and re-read the series a few times. Sookie may have sort of gone off the rails as far as I’m concerned but I’m going to stick with her till the end and see where everything ends up.
8. Rapture by Lauren Kate (Fallen #4) – I have a soft spot for this series. The first book left me a little cold as it reminded me too much of Twilight (just without all the vampires and werewolves). But it’s really grown on me. I loved the third book and can’t wait to see how the series wraps up.
9. Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown – I love mermaids. And this story sounds a little more dark and gritty than your average mermaid tale. When a book mentions revenge in it’s summary – I’m there.
10. Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione (Lords of Deliverance #3) – Larissa Ione is one of my favourite authors. I devoured the Demonica series and adore the Lords of Deliverance series nearly as much. This next books is featuring my horseman (or should that be horseperson…), Thanatos. And I love the cover work for this series. It’s beautiful.
There are dozens more books that I’m excited about that I couldn’t fit into my top ten. But I think my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I won’t be able to fit them all into my reading schedule. There’s just so many good books out there! But here at the ten upcoming releases that I’m most excited about.