Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
After having so much fun coming up with my top ten last week (see here for last week’s top ten), I decided to participate again 🙂
And the topic of this week’s ten feels rather appropriate considering that right now writing this list I am procrastinating from studying and other mundane things! 😀
Top Ten Books I’d Play Hooky With…
1. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand – I’ve been reading this book since I was 15 and I’m still yet to finish it. My copy is all dog earred and creased because it’s been my constant companion for years. Because I like it? No. Rather the opposite. I can’t manage to finish this book. I find it boring and I think that a day off work and school would be excellent motivation to try and get a little further into the story.
2. Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon – I love this book. It makes me cry but I love Ash. He is and will probably always be my favourite character from the Dark Hunter series. This book was so sad and heartbreaking but it was great to see that he got his happily ever after.
3. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon– This book intimidates me. I want to read it and have wanted to for so long but because I’ve heard such good things about it I want to put aside a decent amount of time so I can really get into it before life gets in the way and distracts me. It’s my intention to read (or at least start) this book over Easter. I’m actually rather excited. I hope it lives up to my expectations.
4. Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning – I love this series. Highlanders are a weakness of mine. If he’s in a kilt, I’m weak in the knees.
5. The Selection by Kiera Cass – I know it was on my list last week but I really want to read it. I’ve pre-ordered it and can’t wait till it arrives.
6. Divergent by Veronica Roth – I’ve heard such great things about this one. I just need to make the time to sit down and read it.
7. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series – I’m not one for re-reading books. There’s just so many out there that I want to read and haven’t gotten around to. My Goodreads “to-read” list is over 500 and I keep finding books to add to it every day. I think I’ve added 10 already today just from reading other people’s Top-Ten list. But this is a series that I do re-read. Every time I read it I pick up things I haven’t seen before. Sometimes I read it when I’m in a romance mood – other times when I’m wanting something more urban fantasy based… It always manages to satisfy me. Unless it’s Lover Unleashed. That one I try to forget ever happened.
8. Torn by Amanda Hocking – I’ve just finished reading Switched and I really can’t wait to read the next in the Trylle trilogy.
9. The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling – This series cemented my love of reading. I was already a bit of a booky person before I read this series but my mother gave me the first two for my 12th birthday and I was hooked. I read the books dozens of times. I forced everyone I knew to read them too. This was the first series that I recommended to my older brother who never took my advice on anything and he read them and said they were okay. That was high praise coming from him! I still love the series. I belong to a Harry Potter forum site and love discussing the books with other fans. Despite coming in at number 9 on my list, they are probably the first book I’d choose to go off and play hooky with.
10. The Princess Bride by William Goldman – Why? Because this is my all time favourite book. Sword fights and giants, wizards and ROUS – there is nothing this book has that doesn’t appeal to me no matter what mood I’m in, no matter what the weather is like – this is the book I turn to.